We may collect various types of personal information in connection with the Business Services.
- We may collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, e-mail address and contact details, job title and position, company, language, registration details, and any communications you send or deliver to us;
- We may collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use; information stored in cookies that we have set on your device; and information about your device settings; device IDs("International Mobile Equipment Identity, Serial Number"); internet protocol address ("IP address") and information derived from your IP address such as your geographic location.
- We may collect information about the products and services(including training service/course) you or your employer have bought, payment data, activations and registrations data and other information provided in connection with a transaction;
- We also may receive personal information about you from your employer or service provider or from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you (as permitted by law, or otherwise with your separate consent).
- We also may receive personal information from you provided to us through our service center, customer surveys, registration to attend our offline marketing events or visits our representatives from time to time.
- In the course of providing technical support to you, we may sometimes have incidental access to data that you have provided to us or data that is located on your system. This data may contain information about you, your organization's employees, customers, partners, or suppliers.
- In some cases, your business contact data may be provided to us by a designated entity within your business or enterprise (such as a member of your IT department)
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services that you (or your employer) requested and to register or authenticate you or your device;
- We may collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use; information storto respond to your questions or requests for information;
- to offer better and more customized products and services that take into account your company's purchasing history and service record and other relevant information;
- subject to your consent where required by applicable law, to inform you about new products and services;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way companies use the Business Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide maintenance services and to maintain a sufficient level of security on the Business Services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees or customers, for example, in legal proceedings, internal investigations and investigations by competent authorities;
- to provide you technical support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar operational communications;
- to improve and develop products, services and support including through quality control, research and data analysis activities;
- to manage and develop our business relationship with you
- otherwise with your separate consent where required by applicable law or as described to at the time your information is collected.
We do not disclose your information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. But we may share your information with the following entities:
- Samsung affiliates;
- third parties when necessary to provide you with requested products and services. For example, we may disclose your payment data to financial institutions as appropriate to process transactions that you have requested;
- companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with the billing process;
- other parties: (i) to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order); (ii) to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Business Services; (iii) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers; (iv) as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
- with other third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
Submissions that you make to public areas of a website, mobile application, or other online service, such as bulletin boards may be viewable to other users of the Business Services. We do not control, and are not responsible for, how other users of the Business Services may use this information. For example, personal information that you submit in public areas could be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages or for other purposes.
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Business Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Your use or participation in the Business Services may involve transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your country of residence, consistent with this policy. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, to ensure that your personal information remains protected.
Under the laws of some jurisdictions, you may have the right to request details about the information we collect about you, to correct inaccuracies in that information, to object to or request the restriction of processing, to request the erasure or portability of your information. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you would like to make a request to access your information, please contact our customer service department at SBA.HELP@samsung.com. We may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law. At the end of the retention period, we will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
Our Business Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Cookies are small files that store information on your device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don't have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Business Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Business Services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don't receive the same ad each time you access the MSS Service.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Business Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the Business Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Business Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Business Services, or certain parts of them.
Other Local Storage
We, along with certain third parties, may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as "Flash cookies") and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Business Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here
We, along with certain third parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or "pixels") that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Business Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
You can make choices about whether to receive B2B promotional communications from us by following the subscribe options made available at the interactive customized services platform and the unsubscribe instructions included in every communication sent by us.
You can opt out of Samsung's promotional e-mails by clicking the "opt out" or "unsubscribe" link in the e-mail you receive. Also, you can go to "my profile" menu at our website at any time to change your preferences or profiles.
Please understand that if you opt out of receiving B2B promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us. Your request will take effect within 30 days.
And also, if you choose to object to receive B2B promotional communications from us, it will not affect receiving marketing communications and information from Samsung services which you separately consent to receive marketing information from.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the Solution in accordance with its terms and conditions.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at:
Global Privacy Officer
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
(Maetan dong) 129, Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 16677, Korea